The broccoli and black bean combo was a very lovely sight to look at, I had to grab the camera, click a few pictures and post it :)
Dry Red Chillies - 1 or 2
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and turmeric powder on the sprouted beans and toss well to coat. Steam the beans for 8 to 10 minutes to cook them. We use our idli plate for all kinds of steaming.
- Meanwhile, add oil to a pan. When sufficiently hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves, fry for a minute without burning.
- Once the seeds are done spluttering, add the broccoli florets. Sprinkle some turmeric powder and salt, sauté for a couple minutes. Turn the heat down, cover with a lid, allow the broccoli to cook for a couple minutes. We like broccoli crispy and about 3/4th cooked. If let alone, broccoli could get pretty soggy. Check in a minute or two to make sure it is done to your liking.
- When the beans are steamed enough, remove them to the pan with the broccoli. Mix it well and heat for a couple minutes on medium heat. The moisture from the beans will help cook the broccoli further. Remove the pan from fire and set aside.
- In a blender/mixie jar, add the grated coconut and green chillies, pulse for a couple times. Add this mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, enjoy with your loved ones.
I think cauliflower would be a good variation for this dish too. This is my amma’s own instant & original recipe. Sending it to Lore’s Original Recipes round up.
Also sending it to MLLA 14, hosted by Susan, the brain behind the popular event.
The very creative ladies Sadhana & Muskan have passed me the Kreativ Blogger award. Thanks very much gals, I deeply appreciate your encouragement.